Kayaking on Sydney's Pittwater at sunrise is something everyone should experience. Departing at first light, you will get to enjoy the tranquility of how quiet and calm it is on magnificent Pittwater. As you kayak over to the western foreshore the soft morning colours start to filter through creating a silhouette of Barrenjoey Headland and the Norfolk Pines on Palm Beach.
Pausing to "raft up" along the way to keep the group together, you'll learn about the local Aboriginal and European history of the area.
Arriving at one of the picturesque beaches on the Western foreshore near day break, bask in the sun's warming rays and soak up the atmosphere. You'll think you're on a deserted island.
Bushwalk in Ku Ring Gai National Park as the kookaburras welcome the morning sun. Once you arrive at the view point, marvel at the breathtaking views that unfold Pittwater, Barrenjoey Head and Palm Beach. Enjoy a light snack before heading back to the beach for a well deserved swim in the calm, crystal clear water.
Kayaking back across Sydney's Pittwater, you will see the sun climb higher in the sky enjoying the stunning natural environment.
You'll be packed up, having finished your daily exercise by 8am with an upper and lower body workout involving good core strength throughout. Refreshed and energised, ready to greet the day and whatever challenges it may bring.
All photos taken by guides will be uploaded to the Pittwater Kayak Tours' Facebook page where you can view, tag, like and copy.
- Kayak across Sydney's Pittwater at first light
- Arrive at a secluded beach as the sun is rising over Palm Beach and Barrenjoey Headland
- Bushwalk in Ku-Ring-Gai National Park
- Learn about the local history of Pittwater and Ku-Ring-Gai National Park
- Magnificent views of the sun rising
- A light snack
Children: $40pp (7 - 15 years. Children under 6 are free if they sit in the middle seat with an Adult)
Group bookings: Save 15% on group bookings of 10 - 14 people. Receive a further 5% discount for every additional 5 guests you bring. That's a potential saving of up to 25%!
6am - 8am: April, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan
6.30am - 8.30am: Feb, March
No Sunrise Tours: May, June, July, August
IT'S CHICK'N SHACK TIME!
News Just In! We've partnered with Chick'n Shack to bring you breakfast directly after your Sunrise Tour. To get your meal delivered, follow these simple steps before you embark on your tour:
- Download the 'Chickn Shack' app via the App store, or Google Play store
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu list and select either “Kayak Delivery –Brekky”
- Decide what you would like to eat*
- Select the delivery option AND appropriate breakky drop time
- Payment – through checkout via credit/debit card or PayPal
That's it! Your delicious meal will be delivered straight to you ready to eat... Bacon & egg roll mmmm. Check out the Chick'n Shack Facebook page here.
*Min orders for Breakky is $11 plus a $3 delivery fee.